In this fast-changing work world, young people are now being asked to create new attitudes about jobs and careers, commit to continuous learning and take responsibility for planning their career development—and they don’t know where to start. The information out there is overwhelming. They are lost and that is scary.
- Young people will find out and understand their solid database of specific personal skills, passions, interests, values and personality qualities.
- The specific criteria for finding the type of career to pursue that actually FITS who they are.
- And, perhaps for the first time in their life, give them a sense of direction, renewal, and empowerment with clearer career choices.
- The time they take to identify components of preferred work – is extremely well invested.
- It helps direct them to choose the high school courses and college majors geared towards the career direction that best fits who they are.
- It saves learning by painful trial and error that certain jobs don’t fit well.
- It makes it possible to face the almost dizzying variety of occupations and exclude most of them right at the outset from consideration.
The cost of not giving your child the opportunity to take action can be boredom, stagnation, and alienation. The payoff of taking action will be a vital source of personal pride, and a strong self of confidence that is really important to your child.
Find out how you can support and help your youngster unleash his/her inner-power and get clear on picking the right career.
So why not go for the gusto? Call Marge Powers, Career Coach, now. Ask for a free Orientation and Information Packet. 408.622.4722 or 408.691.1996